Partner Operations Analyst
About the Company
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
We developed and grew the agricultural franchise model in partnership with our Board Chairman His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi II (Emir of Kano), Nestle, DfID, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, GIZ, USAID and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others. We franchise thousands of mini farmer cooperatives across Northern Nigeria using an innovative and internationally recognized agricultural franchise model. Through these franchises, Babban Gona has cost-effectively provided high-quality inputs, credit, training and development, and marketing services to over 13,500 smallholder farmers, enabling them to double their yields and increase their net incomes 2.8 to 3.5 times greater than the average farmer, while maintaining 99.9% loan repayment rate.
To date, Babban Gona has recorded great success:
- 8 – 3.5X Increased Net Income
- 200,000 Rural Men, Women and Children Provided Access to Healthy Food
- 27,000 Ha Under Sustainable Cultivation
- 46,000 Profitable Loans Disbursed
- 9% Loan Repayment Rate
- 250X Growth within last 5 years
- $10,500,000 in Debt Raised
- 1,000,000 Farmers Targeted by 2025
About the Position
Babban Gona seeks to hire a Partner Operations Analyst, an entry-level position for a curious and hardworking individual seeking an exciting opportunity in a fast paced internationally recognized social enterprise. The selected individual will work alongside other members of Babban Gona’s Business Development team, reporting to the Head, Business Development, where they will be responsible for leading operations, strategy and communications with a major global fundraising partner. The position is based in Lagos with occasional travel.
Apply today, and join us as we transform Nigeria into a country in which 1 million smallholder farmers by 2025 are able to transition from subsistence farming to commercial farming, and agriculture becomes the basis for security and employment.
- Create templates and post new loans on partner online platform
- Reconcile monthly repayment reports ensuring data quality and integrity
- Perform regular analysis using Excel to monitor funded loans and expirations
- Strategically communicate loan performance and impact to external portfolio managers and stakeholders located worldwide
- Act as primary point of contact for all partner related activities
- Formulate short and long-term strategies to maximize funding on partner platform
- Liaise across corporate finance, operations and business development functions to increase overall lending activity
- Train field staff on partner policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- At least 2 years’ work experience (including internships)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interest in agriculture and/or social entrepreneurship
- Willingness to travel as required
- Motivated self-starter with ability to lead projects from start to finish
- Fluent in English
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
All interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Subject line: Partner Operations Analyst.